Minimalism for Students


Minimalism is the idea of simple living with the least possible items, which leads to a less financial and stressful burden. Minimalism brings clarity and purpose to one’s life. It is pretty common for students and their parents to priorities their studies before any of their actions. But there are still people who procrastinate while studying or feel distracted. Some people want to work, but they feel lazy to do it. So, the process of minimalism clears their way of distraction and helps them to make more time for the things that matter the most. 

Minimalism was hard for me when I took on to it. It was hard to change the way I think and live, but as a student, I couldn’t do it as a minimalist should do, I couldn’t just throw things out from my house because it was useless to me. I was just 13 years old, totally dependent on my parent, but I did change my way of thinking, and I removed all the unnecessary things from my dorm room and packed it in my suitcase so that it doesn’t come in front of my eyes. I deleted all the unnecessary things from my phone and laptop, which can distract me while I am studying on my laptop. 

Minimalism doesn't only mean to live a life with the least possible things. It also means to think like a minimalist, and that's the main pointer I have noticed while adopting minimalism.

Ways to be a minimalist for students

Ways for students to follow the way of the minimalist lifestyle are:-

  1. Remove unnecessary and distractive apps from the most common device you use all day. So that whenever you work this apps doesn’t distract you. 
  2. Remove unnecessary things from your surroundings so that you don’t get distracted by your surrounding
  3. Make your workspace clean and tidy. So that you feel fresh while working
  4. Make a to-do list and number it to your priority. To finish your priority with time.
  5. Start using the Pomodoro technique. To stop procrastinating while working.
  6. Sleep and wake up on time to maintain better health.
  7. Make your room visually appealing, so that you don’t feel heavy and relax your brain properly.
  8. Stop making useless demands.
  9. Distribute your time with all the things you think are important.
  10. Try to avoid distractions.
  11. Take 1 hour or 30 mins of me-time every day- So that you can make time for your things.

Comments

Popular Posts