Let Go


I had a wristwatch. It was pretty cool, made of gold. My father gifted it to me, and I loved it. I took good care of it. But one day it stopped working, my heart broke. I was thinking of killing myself, but you know I didn’t kill myself, I kept it as a good luck charm. I don’t know it brought meaning to my life. But one day I lost it, It broke my heart again. I fell into a well of depression. My life became useless, meaningless, and then I went to a mountain cliff and jumped from there, then I don’t know what happened— I guess I died.
Ok, I’m just joking. If I am dead, I wouldn’t be writing it. I didn’t have any wristwatch-like that, why the heck will I give my life for a wristwatch, but if you want to let go of possession from some useless, unnecessary things, that doesn’t give joy to you, then just go forward and sell it, but if no one buys it because it is useless then donate it or throw it. Nobody cares.
But, I don’t think that's going to be that easy for you to let go of all the unnecessary goods. We are all sentimental creatures, and everyone has a thing or two that sentimentally attracts them and at last, they can’t let it go and then they become hopeless. They leave the hope of minimalism. 
Man, it’s not going to work like that…. Don’t forget that minimalists search for happiness not through things, but through their life itself. You need to be strong to say no to yourself. Have you ever heard the song “Let It Go”, by James Bay? Just remember the chorus-
"Let it go, let it go
Can’t hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door..."
Just let it go, push yourself to let the useless junk go, you will feel better afterwards. If you want, just click a picture of it as a memory, but let the useless things go.
The Minimalists- Joshua Fields Millburn and Ryan Nicodemus says,
“Our possessions possess us.
This is how we let go.
If a thing stops adding value, sell it.
If it doesn’t sell in a week, lower the price.
If it doesn’t sell in 30 days, donate it.
If a donation place doesn’t accept, recycle it.
If it can’t be recycled, trash it (as a last resort).
Once we let go, we’re able to move on.”
This process of letting go of possession. It will make you more strong from the inside and then you will start living like a minimalist. You will experience things differently. You will neither be distracted nor be stressed by those useless junk. You will feel light and I guess you will be independent.

Comments

  1. Really enjoyed the reflection here. It's so true! You shouldn't let possessions affect your lifestyle and way of thinking!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts